TERMS & CONDITIONS
The following terms and conditions apply to the use of the Pop-Up Bookshop website at popupbookshop.net.
The Pop-Up Bookshop Website is operated by sole trader, Vanessa Marsh, details of which are shown at the end of these terms and conditions.
We use the following types of cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies – these are required for operation of our website.
Performance cookies – these allow us to count visitors and see how users move around our website.
Functional cookies – these enable us to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation of our website.
Targeting cookies – these are set by some of our partner websites and allow you to receive targeted advertising.
Using cookies helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website (for example, to remember your chosen territory). Cookies also allow us to collect data about your devices and how you use our website. We use data analytics to maintain and improve our website.
Strictly necessary cookies are required for you to access our website and cannot be switched off. You can choose whether or not to allow the other types of cookies listed above but some of our services may not function properly if you do not allow functional cookies. We recommend that you accept all cookies to get the best browsing experience.
Any third party websites recommended on the Pop-Up Bookshop Website, are not controlled or maintained by Pop-Up Bookshop.
Pop-Up Bookshop will have no liability for any damage or loss caused by viruses that may be accidentally downloaded as a result of browsing any third party sites.
USE OF THE POP-UP BOOKSHOP WEBSITE
You must not use the Pop-Up Bookshop Website in any manner that could damage, disable, impair or overburden the Pop-Up Bookshop Website or attempt to gain unauthorised access to any part of the Pop-Up Bookshop Website through hacking, password mining or any other means.
If you access the Pop-Up Bookshop Website from outside the United Kingdom, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
While every precaution has been taken in providing the Pop-Up Bookshop Website, there is no guarantee that it will be free of infection by viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive.
ONLINE TERMS OF SALE
Last updated – 26 May 2022
The terms of sale below apply to all purchases made on the website popupbookshop.net
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SALE CAREFULLY BEFORE PLACING YOUR ORDER AND RETAIN A COPY OF THESE TERMS AND YOUR ORDER FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
- FORMATION OF THE CONTRACT
- These terms of sale apply to goods supplied by Pop-Up Bookshop, registered address 38 Mallard Close, Bournemouth, Dorset, UK
- Our acceptance of your order takes place when we have emailed you to confirm that we have accepted it, at which point a contract comes into existence between you and Pop-Up Bookshop.
- The contract is subject to your right of cancellation (see 5.1 below).
- You must be over 18 years old to order any goods through the Pop-Up Bookshop.
- Goods are supplied through the Pop-Up Bookshop Website only for domestic and private use, and you agree not to use them for any commercial purpose or resell them on a commercial basis. We may reject any order if we have reason to suspect that you intend to do so.
- DESCRIPTION, SPECIFICATION AND PRICE OF THE GOODS
- All goods are subject to availability. If on receipt of your order the goods you have ordered are not available in stock, we will inform you as soon as possible, and refund or re-credit you for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your credit card for the goods.
- The description, specification and price of the goods you order will be as shown on the Pop-Up Bookshop Website at the time you place your order.
- Pop-Up Bookshop’s policy is to improve its products continually, and so we reserve the right to make minor technical changes to the specification of the goods without affecting their then function, quality or price.
- Every effort will be made to ensure that prices shown on the Pop-Up Bookshop Website are accurate at the time you place your order. If an error is found prior to despatch of the goods, we will inform you as soon as possible and offer you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling your order. If you cancel, we will refund or re-credit you for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your credit card for the goods.
- In addition to the price, you may be required to pay a delivery charge for the goods, which will be calculated during checkout according to postal area.
- The price of the goods and delivery charges are shown inclusive of VAT, where applicable.
- We do not ship goods to areas outside of the United Kingdom.
- Payment for the goods and delivery charges can be made by any method shown at the time you place your order. Pop-Up Bookshop and our third party payment provider use secure TLS and HTTPS encrypted technology for online payments.
- Payment is not made until your credit or debit card has been authorised in respect of the full amount of the price.
- We will send you an email confirming receipt of your payment as soon as it has been authorised.
- The goods you order will be delivered to the address you give when you place your order, subject to confirmation by Pop-Up Bookshop.
- Every effort will be made to deliver the goods as soon as possible after your order has been accepted, and in any event within 14 days of your order. If we are unable to deliver the goods within 14 days of your order, we will inform you as soon as possible and you will be entitled to cancel the order and obtain a refund or re-credit for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your credit card for the goods. We will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you through any delay in delivery.
- You will become the owner of the goods you ordered and responsible for risk of loss or damage to them once they have been delivered to you.
- YOUR RIGHT OF CANCELLATION
- You have the right to cancel the contract for the purchase of any goods. The cancellation period is fourteen calendar days after you receive the goods.
- To exercise your right of cancellation, please let us know by post or email (at the address or email address shown below) or by telephoning us on 07932 325193, giving your name, address, order number, details of the goods ordered and their delivery date.
Email: [email protected]
Please return the goods to the following address:
38 Mallard Close
- If you exercise your right of cancellation after the goods have been delivered to you, you must return the goods to us in unused and otherwise re-saleable condition. The goods must be returned to the address shown below. You must pay for the costs of returning the goods and obtain proof of posting.
- If prior to returning the goods you handle them beyond what is necessary to establish their nature, characteristics and functioning, so that the value of the goods is diminished by any amount, we may recover that amount from you up to the price, or deduct that amount from the sum we refund to you.
- Once you have notified us that you are cancelling the contract, we will refund or re-credit you for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your credit card for the goods within 14 days from when we receive the goods back or evidence that they have been sent back to us.
- WARRANTY AND LIABILITY
- We have a legal duty to you to supply goods that conform with this contract. We also warrant that all goods supplied by Pop-Up Bookshop are free from defects in workmanship or materials for 12 months from the date of supply.
- This warranty does not apply to any defect in the goods arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, accident, negligence by you or any third party.
- If the goods supplied to you develop a defect while under warranty, or you have any other complaint about the goods, you should contact us by phone, post or email, using the contact details shown below. We will arrange for defective goods to be repaired or replaced and we will pay the costs of return of any faulty goods to us.
- These warranties do not affect our obligation to provide the goods in accordance with the contract, or your legal rights as a consumer.
- If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable.
- DATA PROTECTION
- If you have a complaint about any goods supplied through the Pop-Up Bookshop Website, please contact us as shown below.
- Pop-Up Bookshop may change these terms of sale without notice to you in relation to future sales.
- This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- These terms of sale and the supply of the goods will be subject to English law, and the English courts (or those of any other part of the United Kingdom) will have jurisdiction in respect of any dispute arising from the contract.
HOW TO CONTACT POP-UP BOOKSHOP
Enquiries for online sales or queries and complaints;
Tel: 07932 325193
Email: [email protected]
The Pop-Up Bookshop Website is owned and operated by sole trader, Vanessa Marsh. If you have any questions about the Pop-Up Bookshop Website, please write or email us at the following address:
38 Mallard Close