Thank you for choosing to be part of our community. Pop-Up Bookshop understands your privacy is important.
If you have any questions or concerns about our policy or practices with regards to your personal information, please contact:
By email: email@example.com
By post: Pop-Up Bookshop, 38 Mallard Close, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH8 9PG
WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA?
Personal data is any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
You have the right under certain circumstances:
- To be provided with a copy of your personal data held by us
- To request the rectification or erasure of your personal data held by us
- To request that we restrict the processing of your personal data (while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, for example)
- To object to the further processing of your personal data, including the right to object to marketing
- To request that your provided personal data be moved to a third party
Your right to withdraw consent:
- Where the processing of your personal information by us is based on consent (e.g. for marketing communications), you have the right to withdraw that consent without detriment by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link on the bottom of any marketing email you receive or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau. If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use the information we collect to provide you with:
- To fulfil and manage product purchases, orders, and payments
- Direct messages concerning the delivery of services
- To contact you about content you have submitted to us
- To ask you to participate in surveys to help us improve our offerings
We need to use this information to contact you to ensure that products reach you safely and securely. We may collect part or all of the following personal data (this may vary according to your relationship with us)
- Full name
- Dependents full name
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Payment information
- School or nursery information (book fair services)
- Direct marketing preferences
If you choose not to consent to giving us any of the information above, you may be unable to make online purchases or participate in our school and nursery book fair services.
We use your Voluntary Data to enable us to respond to queries, complaints or comments that you have and to make sure that these are appropriately dealt with.
STORING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only hold on to your information for as long as is needed to provide you with our service:
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
- We do our best to protect your personal data though any transmission over the internet is at your own risk and we cannot guarantee the security data transmitted via our website or other digital means (such as email).
- Our website may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We consider the confidentiality and security of your information to be of the utmost importance. We will use industry standard physical, technical and administrative security measures to keep your information confidential and secure. We do not sell any of your personal data to any third party. We do, however, have to share your data with some other companies, acting on our behalf, in order to ensure we give you the best possible service:
- E-Commerce provider WooCommerce to assist us in delivering transactional service via our online shop
- Marketing service provider HubSpot, to assist us in managing data and delivering our marketing strategy.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site and subject to the cookie section of this policy (this will not identify you as an individual).
- We will disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our competition or promotion terms and other agreements with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety Pop-Up Bookshop or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction and to prevent cybercrime.
ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If you want to know which personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”:
- All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent by email to: email@example.com or by post to: Pop-Up Bookshop, 38 Mallard Close, Bournemouth, BH8 9PG.
- There is no charge for a subject access request.
- We will respond to your subject access request within one month of receiving it. Normally, we aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time.
If you have given us permission, we’ll send you marketing by email to inform you of special offers and latest news from Pop-Up Bookshop:
- To stop receiving marketing from Pop-Up Bookshop you can click the ‘Unsubscribe’ link on the bottom of any marketing email you receive or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you opt out of email marketing, we may still need to send you service communications by email from time to time, such as information about changes to our services.
We will use this information in our legitimate interests, where we have considered these are not overridden by your rights, to ensure that:
- Content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- We provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- To administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To keep our website safe and secure.
- To improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our website, when you choose to do so.
- The information stored in our cookies is kept separate from your data and will never be used with it.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website and under our terms with you.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it.
The effect of disabling cookies depends on which cookies you disable but, in general, the website may not operate properly if all cookies are switched off. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org . You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features will not function as a result.
CHANGES TO OUR POLICY