What exactly is consent? Why does it matter? How can you respect other people’s boundaries, and have them respect yours?
Can We Talk About Consent? breaks down the basics of how to give and get consent in every aspect of life for readers aged 14 years and older. It’s a powerful word, but not everyone understands exactly what it means. This stylish guide explains clearly why consent matters – for all of us.
With honest explanations by experienced sex and relationships educator Justin Hancock, you’ll learn how consent is a vital part of how we connect with ourselves and our self-esteem, the people close to us and the wider world.
The book covers a broad range of topics, including:
- how we greet each other
- how to choose things for ourselves
- how we say no to things
- communicating and respecting choices in sexual relationships
- the factors that can affect a person’s ability to choose
- how to empower other people by giving them consent
- And – there’s a whole lot of pizza.
This guide to consent gives you all the tools you need to build consensual relationships.
Frances Lincoln Children’s Books